Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

British Session Beer–No Chill

 

I generally have a low strength session beer as one of my taps and I thought I’d try an easy recipe and try to make the process as quick as possible.  I’ve been following a thread on Home Brew Talk about No Chill brewing.

It always bothers me how long my chiller takes and how much water I waste when I am chilling my beers.  The only thing that was holding me back was not having Winpak containers.  Since Corny kegs are stainless steel I am going to try my no chill in one of those.  I am not going for anything long term, like storing wort for weeks at a time.  I just need a place for the wort to cool naturally over a day or 2 and not get infected before I pitch the yeast.

I brewing this beer now and plan on pitching the yeast on Sunday.  Next on my list of things to buy is some fermcap and a Bleeder Valve so I can ferment directly in the Corny and carb my beer as it ferments.  This will give me some beer from grain to glass in 7 days for some of my session beers.

Malt Bill
Pounds Type
5 Maris Otter
1 Crystal 80
Hops
IBU Type Time
18 Kent Golding 60
Mash Schedule
Temp Time
158F 60 minutes
170F Batch Sparge
170F Batch Sparge
Yeast Safale S-04
Stats
5.5 gal 80% efficiency IBU: 18

No comments:

Post a Comment