Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

1st Annual Brew-n-Que and British Pub Ale

 

This year I am starting a new tradition.  I am going to have a homebrew sampling and I am going to make some of my pulled pork.  People have been invite with a Facebook invite.  The Que part will be run as a potluck.  I am hoping that we will have a backyard full of people …Rain or Shine (I have large popup tents).   The first beer that I made is my British Pub Ale.

This pub ale is a higher gravity version that then session version I usually brew for myself.  This recipe was one of the first beer recipes that I created when I started brewing.  I actually had a year and a half old sample that I found over at my Grandpa’s house (he is an avid Old Milwaukee Light drinker and couldn’t bring himself to drink something else).  This beer was still great after all of this time.  I usually add Fuggles to this brew but have changed it for only East Kent Goldings.  I opened up a brand new package I got from HopsDirect.com and it smelled so good I decided to only use them.

I am doing this batch as a No Chill brew with a Real Wort starter.  The last few beers I have done like that I have really been happy with.  I don’t have to waste a ton of water chilling the beer down and I don’t have to keep DME in stock to make starter wort with.  It is a win/win situation

 

Malt Bill
Pounds Type
9 Maris Otter
1.25 Crystal 60
.25 Honey Malt
Hops
IBU Type Time
24 East Kent Golding 60
6 East Kent Golding 15
1 Oz East Kent Golding

5

Mash Schedule
Temp Time
152F 60 minutes
175F Batch Sparge
170F Batch Sparge
Yeast Wyeast London Ale III
Stats
6 gal IBU: 32

No comments:

Post a Comment